This is the virtual space for Community and Grassroots Associations (CGAP) members of ARNOVA (Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action) and all those who share an interest in community organizations and grassroots associations of any and all kinds.
CGAP is the oldest section in ARNOVA. Members represent a broad range of disciplines and are interested in such areas as democratic participation, community organizations and organizing, grassroots voluntary associations, self-help groups, community philanthropy, faith-based groups, cooperatives, and social movements of any and all kinds–in all parts of the world.
The Section’s goals are to:
- Create an open, transparent space for ARNOVA members interested in community and grassroots associations to network and provide mutual support. This is done through:
- Involve members in the planning and participation of the annual ARNOVA conference and ARNOVA committees.
- Encourage interest in community and grassroots associations with emerging scholars and new members of ARNOVA.
- Stimulate discussion, collaboration, and theoretical development regarding community and grassroots associations.
For more information, such as the section’s history and bylaws, click here. Annual dues for the CGAP Section are $10. If you haven’t done so already, please join or renew your ARNOVA and ARNOVA-CGAP memberships by going here and clicking either “Join ARNOVA” or “Renew Membership” on the horizontal menu. Don’t forget to (re)join the CGAP section! Membership dues are vital to the support of ARNOVA and our section. Membership also entitles you to receive members-only information about get-togethers at the upcoming annual conference and other endeavors.
Follow these links:
- Members – how to become a member, member directory, elected officers, etc.
- ARNOVA Conference – info about the conference of special interest to CGAP members.
- Articles – of interest to CGAP members.
- Books – of interest to CGAP members.
- Resources – other ideas worth sharing.
- News – of interest to CGAP members.
This is work in progress – and we need your help! Find out how you can be involved here!
Disclaimer: CGAP members are members of ARNOVA. The content of this blog is generated by its members and is not representative of the ARNOVA organization, the CGAP section, or the contributors' affiliated institutions.