This is the virtual space for Community and Grassroots Association (CGAP) members of ARNOVA and all those who share an interest in community and grassroots associations.
CGAP is the oldest and one of the largest sections in ARNOVA. Members represent a broad range of disciplines and are interested in such areas as democratic participation, community organizations and organizing, grassroots voluntary associations, self-help groups, community philanthropy, faith-based groups, cooperatives, and social movements of any and all kinds–in all parts of the world.
The Section’s goals are to:
- Create an open, transparent space for ARNOVA members interested in community and grassroots associations to network and provide mutual support. This is done through:
- Regular communication with members featuring news and upcoming events of interest, member publications, etc. through this blog and other social media.
- An annual meeting and other networking opportunities at the annual ARNOVA Conference.
- Involve members in the planning and participation of the annual ARNOVA conference and ARNOVA committees.
- Encourage interest in community and grassroots associations with emerging scholars and new members of ARNOVA.
- Stimulate discussion, collaboration, and theoretical development regarding community and grassroots associations.
Please contact any of the CGAP Section officers if you’d like to get more involved with the CGAP Section.
Many thanks to CGAP member Graham Dover for helping to design and manage this blog.